8 Times That Take That Will Have You ROFL on Carpool Karaoke!
Comic Relief would not have been complete without James Corden and his Carpool Karaoke. It is now an essential part of Comic relief after last year when James Corden appeared with George Michael and created what it is today. As is, in all James Corden’s sketch videos he ropes celebrities into singing along with him as he transports them to their next appearance which is normally held at the CBS studios in Los Angeles. The show was originally a feature on James’ late night US talk The Late Late Show.
Comic relief 2017 had us in stitches as we watch Take That band member Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald as they sing along with James Corden.
Here are the top 8 reasons to watch the video!
- What is funnier than four grown men embarrassing themselves wearing little red foam noses? No man can be taken seriously looking like that but in all true Comic Relief spirit, they do it to raise money.
- The reference to the spandex thrown onto the stage in replacement of knickers and bras… obviously, now their original fans are now in their 40’s and 50’s and not young teenage girls. us older fans need a little tight elastic to help hold everything where it should be.
- The fact that it really is time for Howard to retire. He is just there to make up the numbers right? Duo’s never doing well … unless in some irony they are Irish band Jedward and for comical effect.
- The amazing singing! It doesn’t matter how old Take That fans are, the songs still take you back 25 years to the 90’s and the ultimate Take That tour!
- The funny story of Take That trying to break out in America … checkout from 10.15 minutes into the clip.
- Mark Owen looking like he is either drugged up and high, drunk, has hay fever or is severely allergic to something. He looks like he has aged considerably and most likely from his alcoholism. I was pretty shocked to see him now after his time in rehab.
- The glimpse of Howard’s body! Nothing like a bit of eye candy!
- The story of trying to break America and some very questionable choreography.
Overall though with all joking aside, Take That have always been an iconic band. It really doesn’t matter how old you are because the feeling when listening to their songs still evoke emotions from the time everyone listened to Take That. It’s a fun clip of a group of four guys having fun and reminiscing to their songs and the high of a successful boy band of the 90’s. James Corden did well this year! The ultimate question though is should James join and become member 5?
To learn more or donate to Comic Relief go to